Previously, the Tolomato Indians established a mission village on this land. In the 1770's it became part of a Catholic Cemetery. The Old Drugstore was built on this site in 1886. Today it is located at the front part of the old Potter's Wax Museum which was established in 1949. T. W. Speisseggter and his two sons ran the Old Drugstore for many years. The building stands on Orange Street near the Tolomato Cemetery. One interesting orb is located over the shoulder of a stand-up figure of one of the brothers at the Old Drugstore.